HUDSON VALLEY, N.Y. -- Eight employees of the Sam's Club store in Middletown are being charged with stealing more than $30,000 worth of merchandise from the store over a two month period.
State Police say the employees were stealing merchandise during the overnight shift. They're accused of taking items that include electronics, clothing, food and beer.
Four of the suspects have been charged with grand larceny, the other four with petit larceny.
Luis Reyes, 43, and Edward Becker, 40, have been sent to the Orange County Jail on $1,500 bail.
Joseph Gust, 34, was also arrested for a prior menacing warrant.
All the other suspects have been issued tickets and will appear in the Town of Wallkill Court next month.
- Luis Reyes, 43, Florida
- Edward D. Becker, 40, Middletown
- Jordan Thompson, 20, Middletown
- Nusha Gjokaj, 25, Wappingers Falls
- Joseph E. Gust, 34, Middletown
- Matthew C. Mann, 18, Walden
- Jay Prange, 57, Wurtsboro
- Jeraldo Mendoza, 25, Mountainside