ALBANY, N.Y. -- An explosion started a fire on Spruce Street at a repair shop in Albany.
In the middle of taking a gas tank off of a vehicle, the tank fell, caused a spark and started the fire. Because of the machinery and chemicals in the shop, crews say fighting the fire was pretty risky at first.
“If you were here earlier, you saw that we had heavy, heavy black smoke and fire. That was because of the petroleum products and gas and tires and a lot of forklifts in there. There was acetylene tanks and propane tanks in this building, so it was a very dangerous situation here in the early beginning of the fire,” said City of Albany Fire Department Chief Robert Forezzi.
Everyone in the building got out safely and no one was injured.